Sunday, April 26, 2015

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy

My philosophy of technology and teaching has changed so much because of EDM 310. Before beginning this class, I believed that technology should be included in the classroom but with limitations. I believed that technology would be a great thing to include in the classroom but that it would also be a distraction. Now that I am reaching the end of the semester in EDM 310, my philosophy of technology in the classroom has totally changed. Technology is becoming apart of everyone's daily lives and I believe that we should educate our children on how to properly use it. Throughout this semester I have learned so many ways in how I can incorporate technology in the classroom and also make it fun for the students. My favorite technology tool is blogging. Blogging helps students improve their writing, teaches them how to be safe on the internet, and it is like an online progress report for their parents. I also like how students are able to take a virtual field trip without leaving their classroom and can connect with other students around the world. With technology the opportunities are endless! The students are learning, having fun, and being prepared for the real world.

Teaching with Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment