Sunday, April 19, 2015

Blog Post Assignment #13

20th Century Classroom vs. 21st Century Classroom, which do you prefer?

I believe this assignment should be done at the beginning of the semester before the students have done any research on the 21st century classroom.

For this assignment the students will research the 20th century classroom and the 21st century classroom. After researching, the students will decide which classroom would be the best to use for their future classroom. Here's a site to get you started: 21st Century Schools

There have been many debates about which type of classroom is the best and I would have to say the 21st century classroom. Growing up I was mostly in the 20th century classroom. We focused on the teacher, textbooks, and used little to not any technology at all. I like the 21st century classroom because it is more focused on the students and making sure they are learning instead of just memorizing. I love the idea of project based learning and researching to find answers. Another great idea from the 21st century is blogging and being able to take a field trip around the world while just using your smartboard in the classroom. The 21st century classroom is so much more hands-on than the 20th century so I believe it would be the best to use for my future classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    I think this a great idea! There is definitely still a huge debate on which type of classroom people prefer. If you would have asked me this in the beginning of this course I would have said that I would keep to the old ways because that's how I was taught. Now that I have knowledge of the success a 21st Century classroom brings it is more than likely how my classroom will be ran.
    Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work!

    - Johanna Logan

    ReplyDelete