Sunday, February 8, 2015

Project #4- C4T #1

The blog I have been assigned is Learning is Messy by Brian Crosby. Brian Crosby is an elementary teacher who now focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education for teachers. In Crosby's post The STEM Missile (really MSTL), he discusses the Mobile STEM Technology Lab. These labs are used in order for Brian Crosby to teach educators how to integrate technology into learning. He states that educators were trained on applications such as Twitter, blogs, and more. My question for him in my comment was what other applications were used during the training sessions. I stated that the applications he is using to train educators to use, are the same applications we are learning to use in EDM 310. I like Crosby's idea of STEM education and I believe it is very important to have this education in schools.

The second post I read by Brian Crosby was Take a Virtual Field Trip to the Deserts and Grasslands of Africa. In this post, Crosby is encouraging teachers to get involved with the online world of learning. He provides links for a virtual field trip to the Grasslands of Africa where the students will learn how people and nature can learn together. Crosby states that this is the first series that will be offered and I believe this is a great idea for learning and incorporating technology into learning. In my comment to Brian Crosby I stated how this would be a good idea for teachers to share this series with their students. I also asked him when would the next series be shown for students.

STEM


No comments:

Post a Comment