Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blog Post Assignment #5

A Personal Learning Network (PLN) is a network used in order to help you continue to learn. With a Personal Learning Network you can connect with others through the internet and share or receive information about topics you are interested in. A Personal Learning Network can be very helpful for me as a future educator. This type of network is a way in which teachers can continue to learn new methods of teaching. Teachers can be up to date on new technologies that can be used to teach in the classroom. They can also communicate with other teachers to get some ideas from them and also share new ideas with them. Personal Learning Networks are formed by first identifying what interests you. For example, you can create a Twitter account to start your Personal Learning Network. On Twitter you are able to follow and search for people and organizations that interest you, which is the main idea of a Personal Learning Network. Before doing some research on Personal Learning Networks I had no idea that I had already began creating my own. I am currently using Twitter, Facebook, Google Docs, and Blogger. I hope that with this EDM 310 class I will develop a larger Personal Learning Network so that my learning will continue to increase.
Personal Learning Network

1 comment:

  1. Hello Heather,
    Personal Learning Networks are a very important part of our continuing education. I was also surprised to realized I had already started using PLN's. Make sure you are using links in your blog posts. Great job!

    ReplyDelete