Sunday, March 1, 2015

Blog Post Assignment #7

The videos for this assignment have taught me a lot about using technology in the classroom. In the video Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten I learned how teachers use iMovie for the students to make a trailer about a book they have read in class. The video also stated that Alabama Virtual Library is a good way to teach students basic researching. In We All Become Learners it is discussed how technology changes learning in the classroom. For example, while using iPad's the teacher can teach the student, the student can teach the teacher, and the student can teach another student. Everyone becomes learners in a technology based classroom. The teacher in the video iPad's in the Classroom stated that iPad's allow the teacher and students to take a virtual field trip everyday. Special education students can also be helped with iPad's by using the app iConverse to communicate. In Top 10 Reasons to Use Technology in Education I picked out what I believe are the most important reasons for technology in the classroom. First, it engages the four key components to learning: active engagement, participation in groups, frequent interaction and feedback, and connection to real world experts. Second, it has been proven that engaging students with technology improves test scores. Lastly, it helps professional developmental for when the students enter the real world and have to know how to use these tools.

Before I graduate there are several things I need to know and do. One of the most important things is learning how to incorporate technology into teaching. To do this I should do some research on technology that teachers use in the classroom. I can also find some educational apps to use on the iPad to incorporate into my lesson. Although I know a lot about how to use tablets and computers, I should focus on doing more things and newer things on them. Knowing how to effectively use these tools will help with participation and learning in the classroom. Technology is constantly changing and I should be up to date in order to teach my future students.

Technology in Education

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kenney!

    I like your post and your honesty on needing to do research to see how you will incorporate technology in the classroom. Now and days every classroom in high school or middle school uses it on a daily basis. Technology is definitely changing, and we have to make sure we stay on top of whats current.

    ReplyDelete