Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Post Assignment #1

Before registering to take EDM 310, I heard a lot of intimidating things about the class. Many of my classmates in other education courses who were currently enrolled in the class told me that the class is very time consuming and a lot of work. From what I have been told by the instructor during the first week of class, my classmates were right. The biggest fear I have about EDM 310 is that I will not be able to handle the amount of work that is given. Another fear is that I will not know how to do the work that is given. I believe I know how to do most technological things but I am not sure if I know enough to succeed in this class. EDM 310 seems like a class that will be all about technology and doing work independently. Compared to other classes I have taken in high school and college, EDM 310 is very different. In other classes, teachers teach you what they want you to learn. In EDM 310, the instructor gives you an assignment list and expects you to do it yourself. EDM 310 wants you to learn on your own instead of forcing you to memorize certain information like in other classes. EDM 310 is a blended course but it seems that all of our work will be done online and I have never had a class that focuses so much on online work and no test. The most difficult thing for me in EDM 310 will be time management. I am the type of person that typically waits until the last minute to do assignments. I understand that with this class time management is very important and that waiting until the last minute to do assignments is not a good idea. Although I feel that I do my best work under last minute pressure, I will start assignments on time so that I will not fall behind or stress about the course. I believe that starting assignments on time and making a time management schedule will be the best way to address this difficult aspect of EDM 310. There are several questions that I still have about EDM 310. One question is, is the class as hard as everyone makes it seem? Is EDM 310 easier for those who are more advanced with computers or will it be equally challenging? Although I have these questions, I plan to keep up and focus in this class to make it as less challenging as possible.
Think

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    I am also afraid that I will not be able to keep with the work in EDM 310. A lot of times I procrastinate and that will not work for this class or you will get behind. I think if we stick to our schedule then, we will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, I also have heard the same things, but have been told by several other students that have taken it prior to this semester, that all you have to do is stay up with your class work and you should be fine. I also am not the greatest at time management but have two jobs and a child, so time management is the only way I'm able to get anything done.
    Good luck on this semester!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete